Shopping Haul: Spent $21.62, Saved $42.20!


This post may include affiliate links.  Go here to see my full disclosure policy!

I LOVE being able to save big at HEB with my digital apps!

I got everything you see above at HEB tonight for a final price of $21.62 after coupons, Ibotta rebates, and catalina -- a savings of $42.20 over regular shelf price.

And I only used one peelie coupon! Everything else was either available on my HEB app or else on my Ibotta rebate app.

Here's how the math breaks down:

  • St. Ives Body Wash -- $2.28 per bottle, with a $3 off $6 basket coupon available in the HEB mobile app.  St Ives also is part of the $5 off $20 Unilever catalina promotion.
  • Ore-Ida Waffle Fries -- priced at $2.42 per bag.
  • Hormel Natural Choice Snacks -- priced at $1.50 each.
  • Tidy Cats Cat Litter -- 20 lb containers priced at $8.78 each.  There's a $5 off $25 basket coupon available in the HEB mobile app, along with a $2 off 2 manufacturer coupon in the app. 
  • HEB Bakery Cake Slice -- priced at $2.98.
  • I bought nine bottles of St. Ives, two bags of Ore-Ida, five packs of Hormel Natural Choice, three jugs of cat litter, and one cake slice.
  • All 20 items rang in at a pre-coupon price of $63.82 including tax.
  • On the HEB mobile app, I used a $5 off $50 basket coupon good for my entire purchase, a $5 off $20 basket coupon good on hair care/body wash, the $3 off $6 St. Ives basket coupon (which took a combined $9 off), the $5 off $25 Tidy Cats basket coupon, and the $2 off 2 Tidy Cats manufacturer coupon.
  • All those knocked a combined $26 off my purchase.  Then I used the $1 peelie coupon on the Tidy Cats litter.
  • So I paid $36.82 out of pocket for all 20 items, and then I received my $5 Unilever catalina coupon to use later in June.
  • So that's like $31.82 for everything.  Finally, I submitted for this $2.50 off 2 Ibotta rebate on the Ore-Ida, along with this $1.50 Ibotta rebate on the Hormel, which I completed five times for $7.50 back into my app.  And I had a 20 cents off rebate good on ANY receipt!
  • That means a combined $10.20 back into my Ibotta app!
  • So my final out of pocket price after catalina and rebate falls to only $21.62 for all 20 items, or just $1.08 apiece!

What deals have you been grabbing at HEB this week? I'd love to hear about your great scores in the comments!



Want to get daily HEB deals delivered to your email for free?  Click here to join!

Comments