This post may include affiliate links. Go here to see my full disclosure policy!
Here's a terrific stockpile deal to snag at HEB on Powerade starting Wednesday, May 23 as part of the upcoming $10 Coca-Cola catalina promotion!
After this week's sale and the catalina, we can stock up for just 49 cents per 8-pack (I KNOW!) which is way less than the usual $3.98 shelf price.
First things first: if you're not familiar with how catalina deals work at HEB, be sure to go here for my complete how-to guide.
I promise it will answer all of your questions!
Next, check out how the math will work out:
- Powerade -- assorted 8-pack varieties priced at $3.98 each, with a yellow coupon available in stores starting 5/23 for a free bottle of Core Power High Protein Milkshake with purchase.
- Core Power High Protein Milkshake -- assorted varieties priced at $2.68 each.
- Buy five packs of Powerade and five bottles of Core Power. All 10 items will ring in at a pre-coupon price of $33.30.
- Use five yellow coupons to get your milkshakes for free.
- Pay $19.90 out of pocket for all 10 items, then receive your $10 catalina coupon to use later in June.
- So that's like $9.90 for everything.
- Next, submit for this $1 Ibotta rebate on the Core Power milkshakes, which can be done five times for a total of $5 back into your app.
- Your final price falls to $4.90 for all 10 items, or only 49 cents apiece!
FAIR WARNING: Catalina promotions at HEB are getting more and more popular with couponers, but cashiers (and stores!) aren't always up to speed when a new promotion starts.
So if you want to pick this up, be prepared to follow up with the manager on duty if your catalina doesn't print and/or your cashier isn't familiar with the promotion.
I always recommend having a paper copy of the HEB weekly ad with you, since it often features information about the catalina.
This week, the promotion is featured on pages 9 and 10.
It's much easier to get this addressed at the register or immediately after you shop, although you can go back in the next day to talk to a manager if it's necessary.
You can also request your reprinted catalina online, although obviously you will have to wait longer to get the new catalina mailed to you.