Here's a great piggyback deal for us to grab on Tyson Premium Select Chicken Nuggets at HEB now through May 23, 2017!
After all discounts, we can grab a 20 oz bag for just $2.49 -- well under the usual $6.98 shelf price.
First things first: if you're not familiar with how piggybacking works, go here before you read any further.
That how-to guide is essential in understanding the following scenario:
- Tyson Premium Select Chicken Nuggets -- 20 oz bags priced at $6.98 each, with a digital coupon available on the HEB mobile app for a free bag of Ore-Ida Fries or Tater Tots with purchase!
- Ore Ida Golden Fries or Tater Tots -- 32 oz bags priced at $2.42 each.
- Buy one of each item for a pre-coupon price of $9.40.
- Enter in your digital app info at checkout to use your coupon for the free Ore-Ida.
- That knocks your price down to $6.98 for both items.
- Next, piggyback this $2 off Tyson coupon. Remember, you aren't stacking coupons in this scenario -- you are buying two items and using two coupons.
- Your final price drops to $4.98 for both items, or just $2.49 apiece!
As always, I recommend you have a copy of the current HEB coupon policy printed or pulled up on your phone when you go to check out.
Even though piggybacking is specifically permitted in the HEB coupon policy (as of over two years ago, actually!) some cashiers are still not aware of how the policy works.
And trust me, you will save yourself a lot of aggravation if you can refer to it right away at the register!
Want to get daily HEB deals delivered to your email for free? Click here to join!