Wow, here's a great deal on cleaning products available at HEB starting Wednesday, March 8!
After all discounts, we can score 121 oz jugs of Clorox Bleach for just $1.61 each -- down from a shelf price of $3.97!
First things first: if you're not familiar with how piggybacking works, go here before you read any further.
That how-to guide is essential in understanding the following scenario:
- Clorox Bleach -- 121 oz jugs priced at $3.97 each, with a yellow coupon for a free bottle of Clorox Liquid Toilet Bowl Cleaner with purchase.
- Clorox Liquid Toilet Bowl Cleaner -- priced at $1.97 each.
- Buy two of each item for a pre-coupon price of $11.88.
- Piggyback the $1.50 off 2 Clorox coupon from the 3/5 Smartsource insert with two yellow coupons for your free toilet bowl cleaner.
- Remember, you aren't stacking coupons in this scenario -- you are buying four items, and using only three coupons.
- Your final price drops to $6.44 for all four items, or just $1.61 each!
Now, if you happen to still have a $10 off $30 Johnson & Johnson catalina coupon (no longer available to earn), you could stock up with this scenario:
- Buy six of each item for a pre-coupon price of $35.64.
- Give your $10 off $30 coupon FIRST to knock your price down to $25.64.
- Next, piggyback three $1.50 off 2 coupons from the 3/5 SS, along with six yellow coupons for the free toilet bowl cleaner.
- Your final price drops to $9.32 for all 12 items, or just 78 cents per item!
As always, I recommend you have a copy of the current HEB coupon policy printed or pulled up on your phone when you go to check out.
Even though piggybacking is specifically permitted in the HEB coupon policy (as of nearly two years ago, actually!) some cashiers are still not aware of how the policy works. And trust me, you will save yourself a lot of aggravation if you can refer to it right away at the register!
Want to get daily HEB deals delivered to your email for free? Click here to join!