Wow, here is a HOT new piggyback deal on Jennie-O Breakfast Sausage at HEB this week!
After all discounts, we'll be able to snag rolls of turkey sausage for about $1.12 each -- more than 50% off the usual $2.50 shelf price!
First things first: if you're not familiar with how piggybacking works, go here before you read any further.
That how-to guide is essential in understanding the following scenario:
- Jennie-O Breakfast Sausage -- priced at $2.50 per chub roll, with yellow coupons available in store for a free Handi-Foil pan with purchase.
- Handi-Foil Pans -- assorted sizes priced at $2.98 each.
- Buy two of each item for a pre-coupon price of $10.96.
- Piggyback this 55 cents off 2 coupon with two yellow coupons for the free pans. Remember, you aren't stacking coupons in this scenario -- you are buying four items, and using only three coupons.
- Your final price drops to $4.45 for all four items, or just $1.12 each!
Now, if you have a $5 Unilever catalina coupon to use (no longer available to earn), you could do the following scenario instead:
- Buy three of each item for a pre-coupon price of $16.44.
- Give your $5 catalina FIRST to knock your price down to $11.44.
- Next, piggyback this 55 cents off 2 coupon with three yellow coupons for the free pans. In this scenario, you are buying six items and using a total of five coupons.
- Your final price drops to $1.95 for all six items, or just 33 cents each!
As always, I recommend you have a copy of the current HEB coupon policy printed or pulled up on your phone when you go to check out.
Even though piggybacking is specifically permitted in the HEB coupon policy (as of nearly two years ago, actually!) some cashiers are still not aware of how the policy works. And trust me, you will save yourself a lot of aggravation if you can refer to it right away at the register!
Want to get daily HEB deals delivered to your email for free? Click here to join!