Here's an easy piggyback deal available at HEB on Speed Stick Deodorant as part of the new Colgate-Palmolive catalina promotion!
First things first: if you're not familiar with how catalina deals work at HEB, be sure to go here for more information.
And if you're not familiar with how piggybacking works, you'll need to go here for my how-to guide.
Otherwise, the following deal won't make any sense to you:
- Speed Stick or Lady Speed Stick Deodorant -- assorted 3 oz varieties priced at $1.98 each, with yellow Buy 2 Get 1 Free coupons available in stores OR on the HEB mobile app.
- Buy six for a pre-coupon price of $11.88.
- Piggyback four 50 cents off coupons from the 1/15 Smartsource insert with two yellow coupons. Remember, you aren't stacking coupons in this scenario -- you are buying six items and using six coupons.
- Pay $5.92 out of pocket, then receive a $3 catalina coupon to use later in January.
- So that's like a final price of $2.92 for all six deodorants, or just 49 cents each!
FAIR WARNING: Catalina promotions at HEB are getting more and more popular with couponers, but cashiers (and stores!) aren't always up to speed when a new promotion starts.
So if you want to pick this up, be prepared to follow up with the manager on duty if your catalina doesn't print and/or your cashier isn't familiar with the promotion. I always recommend having a paper copy of the weekly ad with you, since it often features information about the catalina. (It's on pages 7 and 8 of this week's ad.)
It's much easier to get this addressed at the register or immediately after you shop, although you can go back in the next day to talk to a manager if it's necessary. You can also request your reprinted catalina online, although obviously you will have to wait longer to get the new catalina mailed to you.
Also, note that you can only request ONE reprinted catalina per promotion -- another reason to get everything resolved right away at the store!