Here's an easy piggyback deal available at HEB on Softsoap Body Wash as part of the new Colgate-Palmolive catalina promotion!
First things first: if you're not familiar with how catalina deals work at HEB, be sure to go here for more information.
And if you're not familiar with how piggybacking works, you'll need to go here for my how-to guide.
Otherwise, the following deal won't make any sense to you:
- Softsoap Body Wash -- assorted 18 oz varieties priced at $2.97 each, with a Buy 3 Get 1 Free yellow coupon available in stores.
- Buy four bottles for a pre-coupon price of $11.88.
- Piggyback three 75 cents off Softsoap coupons from the upcoming 1/15 Smartsource inserts with the B3G1Free yellow coupon.
- Remember, you aren't stacking coupons in this scenario -- you are buying four items and using four coupons.
- Pay $6.66 out of pocket for all four items, then receive your $3 catalina to use later in January.
- That's like a final price of $3.33 for everything, or just 92 cents each!
FAIR WARNING: Catalina promotions at HEB are getting more and more popular with couponers, but cashiers (and stores!) aren't always up to speed when a new promotion starts.
So if you want to pick this up, be prepared to follow up with the manager on duty if your catalina doesn't print and/or your cashier isn't familiar with the promotion. I always recommend having a paper copy of the weekly ad with you, since it often features information about the catalina. (It's on pages 7 and 8 of this week's ad.)
It's much easier to get this addressed at the register or immediately after you shop, although you can go back in the next day to talk to a manager if it's necessary. You can also request your reprinted catalina online, although obviously you will have to wait longer to get the new catalina mailed to you.
Also, note that you can only request ONE reprinted catalina per promotion -- another reason to get everything resolved right away at the store!