Check out this amazing new piggyback deal available at HEB on Playtex Sport tampons!
First things first: if you're not familiar with how piggybacking works, go here before you read any further.
That how-to guide is essential in understanding the following scenario:
- Playtex Sport Tampons -- priced at $3.97 per box, with a yellow coupon available in stores for a free pack of Carefree Liners with purchase.
- Carefree Liners -- priced at 94 cents per bag.
- Buy two of each for a pre-coupon price of $9.82.
- Piggyback this $2.50 off 2 coupon with two yellow coupons for the free liners.
- Remember, you aren't stacking coupons in this scenario -- you are buying four items and using only three coupons.
- Your new price drops to $5.44 for all four items, or just $1.36 per item!
Now, if you have a $10 off P&G catalina coupon to use, you could really stock up with the following scenario:
- Buy eight of each item for a pre-coupon price of $39.28 for all 16 items.
- Give your $10 catalina coupon FIRST to drop your price down to $29.28.
- Next, piggyback four of this $2.50 off 2 coupon with eight yellow coupons.
- You still aren't stacking coupons -- you are buying 16 items and using 13 coupons.
- Your final price drops to $9.88 for all 16 items, or just 62 cents apiece!
As always, I recommend you have a copy of the current HEB coupon policy printed or pulled up on your phone when you go to check out.
Even though piggybacking is specifically permitted in the HEB coupon policy (as of almost two years ago, actually!) some cashiers are still not aware of how the policy works. And trust me, you will save yourself a lot of aggravation if you can refer to it right away at the register!