Here's an simple piggyback deal available at HEB on Cap'n Crunch Cereal starting January 25, 2017
First things first: if you're not familiar with how piggybacking works, you'll need to go here for my how-to guide.
Otherwise, the following deal won't make any sense to you:
- Cap'N Crunch Cereal -- priced at $2.50 per box, with yellow coupons available in stores starting 1/25 for a free box of Quaker Chewy Granola Bars and a free Read 3 Children's Book when you buy two boxes.
- Quaker Chewy Granola Bars -- 18-count boxes priced at $3.98 each.
- Read 3 Children's Books -- priced at $1 each.
- Buy two boxes of Cap'N Crunch, a box of Quaker Chewy bars, and your Read 3 Book for a pre-coupon price of $9.98.
- Piggyback this $1 off 2 coupon with the yellow coupons for the free granola bars and free book.
- Pay $4 out of pocket for all four items, which works out to a buck apiece!
Now, if you have a $3 off $10 Colgate catalina coupon to use, you could do this deal instead:
- Buy everything listed above, plus a small orange for 25 cents.
- All five items will ring in at a pre-coupon price of $10.23.
- Give your $3 off $10 catalina coupon FIRST to knock your price down to $7.23.
- Next, piggyback this $1 off 2 coupon with the yellow coupons for the free granola bars and free book.
- Pay $1.25 out of pocket for all five items.
- Next, submit for this 25 cents Checkout 51 rebate (expires 1/25) good on any orange.
- Your final price drops to $1 for all five items, or just 20 cents each!
As always, I recommend you have a copy of the current HEB coupon policy printed or pulled up on your phone when you go to check out.
Even though piggybacking is specifically permitted in the HEB coupon policy (as of almost two years ago, actually!) some cashiers are still not aware of how the policy works. And trust me, you will save yourself a lot of aggravation if you can refer to it right away at the register!