This post may include affiliate links. Go here to see my full disclosure policy!
Check out this great piggyback deal available on Buddig Lunch Meat packs right now at HEB!
After all discounts, we can stock up for just 34 cents apiece, which is 50% off the usual 68 cents shelf price.
First things first: if you're not familiar with how piggybacking works, you'll need to go here for my how-to guide.
Otherwise, the following deal won't make any sense to you:
- Buddig Lunch Meat -- assorted 2 oz varieties priced at 68 cents each, with Buy 2 Get 1 Free yellow coupons available in store OR as a digital coupon on the HEB mobile app. Both the yellow coupons and the digital version are good through February 7, 2017.
- Buy nine assorted packs for a pre-coupon price of $6.12.
- Piggyback the $1 off 5 coupon from the 12/11 Smartsource insert with your choice of either three yellow coupons, or entering in your digital app info at checkout (will apply discount three times.)
- Remember, you aren't stacking coupons in this scenario -- you are buying nine items, and using a maximum of four coupons.
- Your final price drops to $3.08 for all nine packs, which works out to just 34 cents per pack!
Now, if you have a $3 off $10 Colgate catalina coupon to use (no longer available to earn), you could stock up with this version of the scenario:
- Buy a total of 18 packs for a pre-coupon price of $12.14.
- Give your $3 off $10 coupon FIRST to drop your price down to $9.14.
- Next, piggyback two $1 off 5 coupons from the 12/11 Smartsource insert with six yellow coupons OR again use your digital app info at checkout.
- Your final price drops to $3.06 per pack for all 18 packs, which works out to just 17 cents per pack!
As always, I recommend you have a copy of the current HEB coupon policy printed or pulled up on your phone when you go to check out.
Even though piggybacking is specifically permitted in the HEB coupon policy (as of almost two years ago, actually!) some cashiers are still not aware of how the policy works. And trust me, you will save yourself a lot of aggravation if you can refer to it right away at the register!