Who's getting excited about the new Colgate-Palmolive catalina promotion kicking off at HEB on Wednesday, January 11?
We're going to have a lot of great scenarios to work out when we see the new ad tomorrow, but here's a deal to get you thinking on Palmolive Dish Liquid and Colgate Toothpaste.
First things first: if you're not familiar with how catalina deals work at HEB, be sure to go here for more information.
Then check out my suggested deal scenario below:
- Palmolive Dish Liquid -- 25 oz bottles priced at $2.47 each.
- Colgate Toothpaste -- 4 oz boxes priced at $1.17 each.
- Buy three bottles of Palmolive and three boxes of Colgate for a pre-coupon price of $10.92.
- Use three 50 cents off Palmolive coupons from the 1/1 Smartsource insert along with three 50 cents off Colgate coupons, also from the 1/1 Smartsource insert.
- Pay $7.92 out of pocket, then get your $3 catalina to use on a later date.
- Your final price is like $4.92 for all six items, or just 82 cents each!
FAIR WARNING: Catalina promotions at HEB are getting more and more popular with couponers, but cashiers (and stores!) aren't always up to speed when a new promotion starts.
So if you want to pick this up, be prepared to follow up with the manager on duty if your catalina doesn't print and/or your cashier isn't familiar with the promotion. I always recommend having a paper copy of the weekly ad with you, since it often features information about the catalina.
It's much easier to get this addressed at the register or immediately after you shop, although you can go back in the next day to talk to a manager if it's necessary. You can also request your reprinted catalina online, although obviously you will have to wait longer to get the new catalina mailed to you.
Also, note that you can only request ONE reprinted catalina per promotion -- another reason to get everything resolved right away at the store!