Here's a terrific deal to snag at HEB next week when the $5 Unilever catalina promotion begins on Wednesday, January 25!
First things first: if you're not familiar with how catalina deals work at HEB, be sure to go here for more information.
Then check out my suggested deal scenario below:
- Dove Nutritive Solutions Shampoo -- assorted varieties priced at $3.98 each.
- BEGINNING 1/25, buy four bottles for a pre-coupon price of $15.92.
- Use two $3 off 2 coupons from the 1/1 Red Plum inserts (expires 1/28.)
- Pay $9.92 out of pocket, then still receive your $5 catalina to use later in February.
- That's like a final price of $4.92 for all four items, or just $1.23 each!
Now, if you have a $3 off $10 Colgate catalina to use (we can earn them until January 24), you could do this deal instead:
- Buy your four bottles for a pre-coupon price of $15.92.
- Give your $3 Colgate catalina FIRST to knock your price down to $12.92.
- Next, give your $3 off 2 coupons from the 1/1 Red Plum inserts.
- You'll pay $6.92 out of pocket for all four bottles, and then you'll still receive your new $5 catalina to use later on!
FAIR WARNING: Catalina promotions at HEB are getting more and more popular with couponers, but cashiers (and stores!) aren't always up to speed when a new promotion starts.
So if you want to pick this up, be prepared to follow up with the manager on duty if your catalina doesn't print and/or your cashier isn't familiar with the promotion. I always recommend having a paper copy of the weekly ad with you, since it often features information about the catalina.
It's much easier to get this addressed at the register or immediately after you shop, although you can go back in the next day to talk to a manager if it's necessary. You can also request your reprinted catalina online, although obviously you will have to wait longer to get the new catalina mailed to you.