Here's a terrific deal to snag at HEB on Axe White Label hair care when the $5 Unilever catalina promotion begins on Wednesday, January 25!
First things first: if you're not familiar with how catalina deals work at HEB, be sure to go here for more information.
Then check out my suggested deal scenario below:
- AXE White Label 2 in 1 Shampoo and Conditioner Forest Scent -- 12 oz bottles on sale for $3 each, with $1 off yellow coupons available on assorted Axe products beginning 1/25.
- Buy five bottles for a pre-coupon price of $15.
- Use five $1 off yellow coupons.
- You'll pay $10 out of pocket, and then you'll still receive your $5 catalina coupon to use later in February.
- So that's like a final price of $5 for 5 after all discounts, or a buck per bottle!
Now, if you have a $3 off $10 Colgate catalina to use (we can earn them until January 24), you could do this deal instead:
- Buy your five bottles for a pre-coupon price of $15.
- Give your $3 off catalina coupon FIRST. It comes off your entire transaction, and doesn't count towards one of your items.
- So that knocks your price down to $12.
- Next, use five $1 off yellow coupons.
- You'll pay $7 out of pocket for all five bottles, and then you'll still receive your new $5 catalina coupon!
FAIR WARNING: Catalina promotions at HEB are getting more and more popular with couponers, but cashiers (and stores!) aren't always up to speed when a new promotion starts.
So if you want to pick this up, be prepared to follow up with the manager on duty if your catalina doesn't print and/or your cashier isn't familiar with the promotion. I always recommend having a paper copy of the weekly ad with you, since it often features information about the catalina.
It's much easier to get this addressed at the register or immediately after you shop, although you can go back in the next day to talk to a manager if it's necessary. You can also request your reprinted catalina online, although obviously you will have to wait longer to get the new catalina mailed to you.