Sounds like we have a HOT coupon arriving in the 1/29 Red Plum coupon inserts on Axe products!
Rumor has it we have a BOGO coupon headed our way -- when we buy a Axe Body Spray, we can get a bottle of Axe Shampoo for free!
And of course, Axe is part of the current Unilever catalina promotion going on at HEB.
First things first: if you're not familiar with how catalina deals work at HEB, be sure to go here for more information.
Then check out my suggested deal scenario below:
- AXE Body Spray for Men -- assorted scents priced at $4.33 each.
- Axe Shampoo -- assorted varieties priced at $3.97 each.
- Buy two of each item for a pre-coupon price of $16.60.
- Use two BOGO coupons from the 1/29 Red Plum inserts.
- Pay $8.66 out of pocket for all four items, then receive your $5 catalina to use later in February.
- So that's like a final price of $3.66 for all four items, or just 92 cents each!
FAIR WARNING: Catalina promotions at HEB are getting more and more popular with couponers, but cashiers (and stores!) aren't always up to speed when a new promotion starts.
So if you want to pick this up, be prepared to follow up with the manager on duty if your catalina doesn't print and/or your cashier isn't familiar with the promotion. I always recommend having a paper copy of the weekly ad with you, since it often features information about the catalina. (This week, the info is on pages 7 & 8 of the ad.)
It's much easier to get this addressed at the register or immediately after you shop, although you can go back in the next day to talk to a manager if it's necessary. You can also request your reprinted catalina online, although obviously you will have to wait longer to get the new catalina mailed to you.