Check out this HOT piggyback deal on family-size boxes of Chex Cereal starting at HEB on Wednesday, December 14!
After all discounts, we can stock up on the big 18 oz boxes for just $1.49 each -- well under the usual $3.98 shelf price!
First things first: if you're not familiar with how piggybacking works, go here before you read any further.
That how-to guide is essential in understanding the following scenario:
- Chex Cereal -- 18 oz family-size boxes priced at $3.98 each, with yellow coupons available in stores for a free jar of Peter Pan Peanut Butter with purchase.
- Peter Pan Peanut Butter -- priced at $2.50 per jar.
- Buy two of each item for a pre-coupon price of $12.96.
- Piggyback the $1 off 2 Chex coupon from the 12/4 Smartsource insert with two yellow coupons for the free peanut butter.
- Remember, you aren't stacking coupons in this scenario -- you are buying four items but using only three coupons.
- Pay $6.96 out of pocket for all four items.
- Next, submit for this $1 Ibotta rebate (expires 12/20.)
- Your final price drops to $5.96 for all four items, or just $1.49 each!
NOTE: Check your SavingStar app for possible additional offers on Chex cereal!
As always, I recommend you have a copy of the current HEB coupon policy printed or pulled up on your phone when you go to check out.
Even though piggybacking is specifically permitted in the HEB coupon policy (as of a year ago, actually!) some cashiers are still not aware of how the policy works. And trust me, you will save yourself a lot of aggravation if you can refer to it right away at the register!