Rumor has it that the extremely popular $4 off 2 Head & Shoulders coupon may be returning in the 1/1 P&G inserts!
If that's true, it will make a wonderful deal when combined with the P&G catalina promotion that kicks off at HEB on December 28, 2016.
First things first: if you're not familiar with how catalina deals work at HEB, be sure to go here for more information.
Then check out my suggested deal scenario below:
- Head & Shoulders Shampoo Classic Clean -- 8.45 oz bottles priced at $3.97 each.
- Buy eight bottles for a pre-coupon price of $31.76.
- Use four $4 off 2 coupons from the 1/1 P&G inserts (note: sometimes this coupon has varying size limitations, so we'll have to doublecheck that the 8.45 oz bottles are included before we shop!)
- Pay $15.76 out of pocket for all eight bottles, then receive your $10 catalina at the end of your transaction.
- That's like a final price of $5.76 for everything, or just 72 cents each!
Now, if the 8.45 oz bottles aren't included in the $4 off 2 coupon, you could consider this scenario instead:
- Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Shampoo -- 14.2 oz bottles priced at $4.97 each.
- Buy six bottles plus a trial-size bottle (priced at 97 cents.) All seven items will ring in at a pre-coupon price of $30.79.
- Use three $4 off 2 coupons from the 1/1 P&G inserts.
- Pay $18.79 out of pocket, then still receive your $10 catalina to use later in January.
- That's like a final price of $8.79 for six big bottles, or $1.47 each. Plus you get a little trial-size bottle as a freebie! That works out to only two cents more per ounce than the first scenario, so it's still an excellent deal. :D
FAIR WARNING: Catalina promotions at HEB are getting more and more popular with couponers, but cashiers (and stores!) aren't always up to speed when a new promotion starts.
So if you want to pick this up, be prepared to follow up with the manager on duty if your catalina doesn't print and/or your cashier isn't familiar with the promotion. I always recommend having a paper copy of the weekly ad with you, since it often features information about the catalina.
It's much easier to get this addressed at the register or immediately after you shop, although you can go back in the next day to talk to a manager if it's necessary. You can also request your reprinted catalina online, although obviously you will have to wait longer to get the new catalina mailed to you.