Word on the street is the hot BOGO Febreze coupon could be returning in the 1/1 P&G inserts!
If we get that in our newspapers this weekend, it will make for an excellent deal as part of the P&G catalina promotion at HEB.
First things first: if you're not familiar with how catalina deals work at HEB, be sure to go here for more information.
Then check out my suggested deal scenario below:
- Febreze Air Effects -- on sale for $2.97 each.
- Tide To Go Stain Remover -- priced at $2.94 each, with $1 off yellow coupons available in stores starting 12/28.
- Buy eight bottles of Febreze and three Tide To Go pens for a pre-coupon price of $32.58.
- Use four BOGO coupons from the 1/1 P&G inserts plus three $1 off yellow coupons.
- Pay $17.70 out of pocket, then still receive your $10 catalina coupon to use later in January.
- That's like a final price of $7.70 for all 11 items -- or just 70 cents each!
FAIR WARNING: Catalina promotions at HEB are getting more and more popular with couponers, but cashiers (and stores!) aren't always up to speed when a new promotion starts.
So if you want to pick this up, be prepared to follow up with the manager on duty if your catalina doesn't print and/or your cashier isn't familiar with the promotion. I always recommend having a paper copy of the weekly ad with you, since it often features information about the catalina.
It's much easier to get this addressed at the register or immediately after you shop, although you can go back in the next day to talk to a manager if it's necessary. You can also request your reprinted catalina online, although obviously you will have to wait longer to get the new catalina mailed to you.