Check your 12/4 Smartsource coupon inserts this weekend for a possible high-value Excedrin coupon, good for $2 off any 20-count box or larger!
If you receive that coupon in your paper (I think it will be regional), it's going to make for a terrific deal as part of the upcoming $10 Clorox/GSK catalina promotion that kicks off at HEB on Wednesday, December 7.
First things first: If you're not familiar with how catalina promotions work at HEB, go here to read my how-to guide.
Otherwise, the following deal scenario will make no sense:
- Excedrin Extra Strength Pain Reliever -- 24-count boxes priced at $3.84 each.
- Buy eight boxes for a pre-coupon price of $30.72.
- Give eight $2 off coupons from the 12/4 Smartsource inserts.
- Pay $14.72 out of pocket for all eight boxes, then receive your $10 catalina coupon to use later in December.
- Your final price drops to $4.72 for everything, or just 59 cents per box!
FAIR WARNING: Catalina promotions at HEB are getting more and more popular with couponers, but cashiers (and stores!) aren't always up to speed when a new promotion starts.
So if you want to pick this up, be prepared to follow up with the manager on duty if your catalina doesn't print and/or your cashier isn't familiar with the promotion.
It's much easier to get this addressed at the register or immediately after you shop, although you can go back in the next day to talk to a manager if it's necessary. You can also request your reprinted catalina online, although obviously you will have to wait longer to get the new catalina mailed to you.