Here's one more great deal as part of the $10 P&G catalina promotion coming back to HEB on Wednesday, December 28!
After all discounts, we can stockpile bags of Always Pads or Tampax Tampons for just 95 cents each -- well under the usual $3.27 shelf price.
First things first: if you're not familiar with how catalina deals work at HEB, be sure to go here for more information.
Then check out my suggested deal scenario below:
- Always Pads -- assorted varieties priced at $3.27 per bag, with $4 off 3 yellow coupons available in stores starting 12/28. According to the ad, these coupons are good on everything except the 20-count bags of pantiliners.
- Tampax Tampons -- assorted varieties priced at $3.27 per box, with $4 off 3 yellow coupons also available in stores.
- Mix and match six bags of Always or boxes of Tampax, plus buy two packs of Gillette Simply Venus Disposable Razors (priced at $5.97 each.)
- All eight items will ring in at a pre-coupon price of $31.56.
- Use two $4 off 3 yellow coupons plus two of this $3 off Simply Venus coupon.
- Pay $17.56 out of pocket for all eight items, then still receive your $10 catalina to use later in January.
- That's like a final price of $7.56 for everything, or just 95 cents per item!
FAIR WARNING: Catalina promotions at HEB are getting more and more popular with couponers, but cashiers (and stores!) aren't always up to speed when a new promotion starts.
So if you want to pick this up, be prepared to follow up with the manager on duty if your catalina doesn't print and/or your cashier isn't familiar with the promotion. I always recommend having a paper copy of the weekly ad with you, since it often features information about the catalina.
It's much easier to get this addressed at the register or immediately after you shop, although you can go back in the next day to talk to a manager if it's necessary. You can also request your reprinted catalina online, although obviously you will have to wait longer to get the new catalina mailed to you.