One of my favorite Black Friday deals is coming back this year at HEB Plus stores!
Spend $50 or more at your HEB Plus between 6am and 11am on Friday, November 25, 2015, and you'll receive a $10 off $30 catalina good to use on either November 26 or 27.
This is the ONLY catalina promotion for 2016 that will trigger with almost any purchase -- so you don't have to stick to qualifying brands.
Toys, electronics, and yes, basic groceries will all count towards your $50 minimum purchase!
This catalina deal will be available ONLY at HEB Plus stores, not at regular HEB locations.
And it's limit one catalina per transaction, so if you want to generate more than one, you'll need to split up your purchases accordingly.
Also, gift cards, alcoholic beverages, tobacco, Business Center products or services, prescriptions, gasoline, coupon deduction and sales tax will not be included in determining qualifying purchase total.
Here are some additional guidelines if you've never shopped a catalina promotion at HEB before:
- Your minimum purchase -- $50, in this case -- is for your total before manufacturer coupons. So catalinas are a great chance to stockpile deals on some of your favorite brands!
- Using HEB coupons can be tricky, because the register reads them as a price adjustment, not an actual coupon. So you'll need to take that into account while doing your math. Some readers have had good luck waiting until the cashier hits TOTAL, then passing over all their coupons. That way, the catalina has already printed, and the price adjustment of the HEB store coupons does not drop you below the minimum to trigger the catalina.
- Don't try to use your new catalinas on Black Friday. That will be coupon misuse, and could possibly lead to an embarrassing interaction with the cashier at checkout.
- You can only earn one catalina per transaction. In fact, the fine print is only allowing two catalina coupons to be earned per customer per store per day. So if you're spending more than $100, consider splitting up your purchases into two transactions so you can earn those two catalinas!
- If your catalina doesn't print at the register, ask for a manager's help before leaving the store. Managers have a 'fail-safe' code that they can use to force a catalina to print -- assuming, of course, that you bought the right number of items and all of that. This can definitely add some time to your register check-out, but leaving the store a little late is far less frustrating than leaving empty-handed! This has happened to me multiple times at my Kitty Hawk HEB, and each time a manager was able to print my catalina for me when it didn't print automatically. I also have a how-to guide explaining additional reasons catalina coupons don't always print.
If you're an experienced HEB catalina shopper, what other tips can you share?
And if you're new to using catalinas at HEB, what questions do you have?
Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Want to get daily HEB deals delivered to your email for free? Click here to join!