Here's a great deal available on Yucatan Guacamole at HEB this week!
After all discounts, we can snag a 8 oz tub for just 37 cents each -- well under the regular $2.98 shelf price!
First things first: if you're not familiar with how piggybacking works, go here before you read any further.
That how-to guide is essential in understanding the following scenario:
- Yucatan Authentic Guacamole -- 8 oz tub priced at $2.98, with a yellow coupon good for a free bag of HEB White Corn Tortilla Chips with purchase available in stores.
- HEB White Corn Tortilla Chips -- 14 oz bags priced at $1.98.
- Buy one of each item for a pre-coupon price of $4.96.
- Piggyback this $2.25 off Yucatan Guacamole coupon with the yellow coupon for the free chips.
- Remember, you aren't stacking coupons in this scenario -- you are buying two items, and using two coupons.
- Your new price drops to 73 cents for both items, or 37 cents each!
As always, I recommend you have a copy of the current HEB coupon policy printed or pulled up on your phone when you go to check out.
Even though piggybacking is specifically permitted in the HEB coupon policy (as of a year ago, actually!) some cashiers are still not aware of how the policy works. And trust me, you will save yourself a lot of aggravation if you can refer to it right away at the register!