Check your 10/23 Smartsource inserts for a new 50 cents off 2 Progresso coupon!
This is perfect timing, since Progresso soups are on sale right now at HEB -- AND we currently have a yellow coupon available to piggyback with.
First things first: if you're not familiar with how piggybacking works, go here before you read any further.
That how-to guide is essential in understanding the following scenario:
- Progresso Soup -- assorted varieties on sale for $1.75 each (normally $1.98 per can) plus we also have a Buy 2 Get 1 Free yellow coupon available in stores.
- Buy three cans for a pre-coupon price of $5.25.
- Piggyback the 50 cents off 2 coupon from the 10/23 Smartsource insert with the B2G1 Free yellow coupon.
- Remember, you aren't stacking coupons in this scenario -- you are buying three items, and using two coupons.
- Your new price drops to $3 for all three cans -- or a buck apiece! That's right at 50% off the regular shelf price.
We also have a $1 off 4 printable coupon available. If you're interested in using that coupon to really stock up, you could do this scenario instead:
- Buy six cans for a pre-coupon price of $10.50.
- Piggyback this $1 off 4 coupon with TWO B2G1 Free yellow coupons. You still aren't stacking coupons in this scenario.
- Your new price drops to $6 for all six cans, or again $1 apiece.
As always, I recommend you have a copy of the current HEB coupon policy printed or pulled up on your phone when you go to check out.
Even though piggybacking is specifically permitted in the HEB coupon policy (as of a year ago, actually!) some cashiers are still not aware of how the policy works. And trust me, you will save yourself a lot of aggravation if you can refer to it right away at the register!