Here's an easy way to save on chicken nuggets at HEB this week!
After all discounts, we can snag big bags of Fast Fixin Chicken Breast Nuggets for just $2.99 each -- well under the usual $6.98 shelf price!
First things first: if you're not familiar with how piggybacking works, go here before you read any further.
That how-to guide is essential in understanding the following scenario:
- Fast Fixin Chicken Breast Nuggets -- 56 oz bags priced at $6.98 each, with yellow coupons in stores starting 10/5 for a free 24 oz bag of Fast Fixin Chicken with purchase.
- Fast Fixin Chicken Breast Nuggets -- 24 oz bags priced at $3.98 each.
- Buy one of each item for a pre-coupon price of $10.96.
- Piggyback this $1 off coupon with the yellow coupon for your free 24 oz bag.
- Remember, you aren't stacking coupons in this scenario -- you are buying two items and using two coupons.
- Your price drops to $5.98 for both items, which works out to just $2.99 apiece!
Now, if you have a $5 off $15 Unilever catalina, you could do the following deal instead:
- Buy two 56 oz bags and two 24 oz bags for a pre-coupon price of $21.92.
- Give your $5 off $15 catalina FIRST to knock your price down to $16.92.
- Next, piggyback two of this $1 off coupon with two of the yellow coupons for your free 24 oz bags. NOTE: Some stores may require the use of a filler item, so you aren't using five coupons on a total of five items. So consider getting something small like a 25 cent apple with this!
- Your final price drops to $6.96 for all four items, or just $1.74 per bag!
Don't know what the heck a Unilever catalina coupon is? Go here for more details.
As always, I recommend you have a copy of the current HEB coupon policy printed or pulled up on your phone when you go to check out.
Even though piggybacking is specifically permitted in the HEB coupon policy (as of a year ago, actually!) some cashiers are still not aware of how the policy works. And trust me, you will save yourself a lot of aggravation if you can refer to it right away at the register!