Check your HEB mobile app for a possible new piggyback offer on Cheerios and Tiny Toast Cereal!
I had a coupon in my app this weekend, good for a free box of Tiny Toast cereal when you buy a 12 oz box of Cheerios.
First things first: if you're not familiar with how piggybacking works, go here before you read any further.
That how-to guide is essential in understanding the following scenario:
- Cheerios -- 12 oz boxes priced at $2.62.
- Tiny Toast Cereal -- priced at $2.67 per box.
- Buy one of each for a pre-coupon price of $5.29.
- Piggyback the 50 cents off Cheerios coupon from the 9/11 Smartsource insert with the BOGO digital coupon as seen above.
- Remember, you aren't stacking coupons in this scenario -- you are buying two items and using two coupons.
- Pay $2.12 out of pocket for both boxes.
- Next, submit for this 50 cents Checkout 51 rebate (good on the Cheerios) and this 25 cents Ibotta rebate (good on ANY box of cereal.)
- Your final price drops to $1.37 for both boxes, or just 69 cents per box!
As always, I recommend you have a copy of the current HEB coupon policy printed or pulled up on your phone when you go to check out.
Even though piggybacking is specifically permitted in the HEB coupon policy (as of a year ago, actually!) some cashiers are still not aware of how the policy works. And trust me, you will save yourself a lot of aggravation if you can refer to it right away at the register!