We have a super interesting new coupon in the 10/30 P&G inserts today, good for a free box of Bounty fabric sheets when you buy a bottle of Downy fabric softener.
This coupon has a couple of quirks that you need to be careful of (more on that in a minute), but if you use it correctly, it will be a terrific deal as part of the current $10 P&G catalina promotion happening at HEB.
First things first: this is likely a Sunday exclusive coupon, which means if you get coupons from anywhere other than the actual Sunday paper, you may not have this in your inserts.
So if you want to do this deal, you'll probably need to go grab a few Sunday papers today!
With that first clarification out of the way, check out the following scenario:
- Downy April Fresh Non‑Concentrated Fabric Softener -- 100 oz bottles priced at $5.69.
- Bounce Fresh Linen Fabric Softener -- 80-count boxes priced at $3.97.
- Buy three of each item plus one box of Crest Fresh & White Peppermint Gleem Toothpaste (priced at $1.96.)
- All seven items will ring in at the pre-coupon price of $30.94.
- Use three BOGO coupons from the 10/30 P&G inserts, plus one $1 off Crest coupon, also from the 10/30 P&G inserts.
- Pay $18.03 for all seven items out of pocket, then receive your $10 catalina at the register to use starting November 9.
- That's like $8.03 for everything after all discounts, or just $1.15 per item!
Please note that the Downy/Bounce BOGO coupon has some size limitations on it -- you have to buy a 41 oz bottle of Downy or larger, AND the Bounce boxes have to be of equal or lesser value to the Downy, but also can't be priced over $4.
So this is the best size matchup that I could find at HEB that honors that fine print!
Also, note that there are currently $1 off yellow coupons on Downy available in stores. Combining those yellow coupons with the above scenario would be a reverse piggyback -- which only some HEB store managers allow. Go here to read more about reverse piggybacking!
FAIR WARNING: Catalina promotions at HEB are getting more and more popular with couponers, but cashiers (and stores!) aren't always up to speed when a new promotion starts.
So if you want to pick this up, be prepared to follow up with the manager on duty if your catalina doesn't print and/or your cashier isn't familiar with the promotion.
I always recommend having a paper copy of the weekly ad with you, since it features information about the catalina. Again, the new ad has all the information on pages 9 & 10.
It's much easier to get this addressed at the register or immediately after you shop, although you can go back in the next day to talk to a manager if it's necessary. You can also request your reprinted catalina online, although obviously you will have to wait longer to get the new catalina mailed to you.