Here's one more great deal as part of the $10 P&G catalina promotion currently running at HEB -- this one on CoverGirl Brow & Eye Makers!
We have BOGO 50% off yellow coupons available in stores to use, AND we have $2 off printable CoverGirl coupons to piggyback!
First things first: if you're not familiar with how piggybacking works, go here before you read any further.
That how-to guide is essential in understanding the following scenario:
- CoverGirl Brow & Eye Makers -- priced at $3.94 each.
- Buy eight for a pre-coupon price of $31.52.
- Piggyback four of this $2 off coupon with four of the BOGO 50% off yellow coupons.
- Remember, you aren't stacking coupons in this scenario -- you are buying eight items, and using eight coupons.
- Pay $15.64 out of pocket for all eight items, then receive your $10 catalina coupon to use beginning Wednesday, November 9.
- That's like a final price of $5.64 for all eight items, or just 71 cents each!
FAIR WARNING: Catalina promotions at HEB are getting more and more popular with couponers, but cashiers (and stores!) aren't always up to speed when a new promotion starts.
So if you want to pick this up, be prepared to follow up with the manager on duty if your catalina doesn't print and/or your cashier isn't familiar with the promotion.
I always recommend having a paper copy of the weekly ad with you, since it features information about the catalina. Again, the new ad has all the information on pages 9 & 10.
It's much easier to get this addressed at the register or immediately after you shop, although you can go back in the next day to talk to a manager if it's necessary. You can also request your reprinted catalina online, although obviously you will have to wait longer to get the new catalina mailed to you.