Make room in your freezers -- we have a HOT new piggyback deal on Tyson Breaded Boneless Chicken starting Wednesday, September 13 at HEB!
First things first: If you're new to HEB couponing, you'll want to go here for my how-to guide to piggybacking.
Otherwise, the following deal won't make much sense:
- Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips -- 25 oz bags priced at $6.98. These are the HEB Meal Deal item for the week, so when we buy two bags in the same transaction, we get the following items for free:
- Idahoan Family Size Mashed Potatoes -- 8 oz bags priced at $1.68 each.
- HEB Squeeze Me! Apple, Strawberry, Banana Pouches -- 4-count boxes priced at $1.99 each.
- HEB Ketchup -- 20 oz bottles priced at $1.50 each.
- HEB It's Juice 100% Apple Juice -- 48 oz bottles priced at $1.68 each.
- American Children's Books -- assorted titles priced at $1 each.
- Buy two bags of Tyson, and one of each of the mashed potatoes, fruit pouches, ketchup, apple juice, and kids' book.
- All seven items ring in at a pre-coupon price of $21.81.
- Piggyback the $2.50 off 2 Tyson coupon from the 7/31 Smartsource insert, along with the yellow coupons for all five of your freebie items.
- Remember, you aren't stacking coupons in this scenario -- you are buying seven items, and using a total of six coupons.
- After coupons, your price drops to $11.46 for everything -- or $1.64 per item!
Now, if you have a P&G catalina coupon to spend, you can do a larger version of this deal:
- Buy FOUR bags of Tyson, and two of each of the freebie items.
- All 14 items will ring in at a pre-coupon price of $43.62.
- Give your $10 off $30 catalina coupon first.
- That will knock your price down to $33.62.
- Next, use two $2.50 off 2 Tyson coupons from the 7/31 SS inserts.
- That drops your price down to $28.62.
- Next, give two sets of your freebie yellow coupons (there should be a total of 10.)
- That knocks your final price down to just $12.92 for all 14 items -- or a mere 92 cents each!
As always, I recommend you have a copy of the current HEB coupon policy printed or pulled up on your phone when you go to check out.
Even though piggybacking is specifically permitted in the HEB coupon policy (as of a year ago, actually!) some cashiers are still not aware of how the policy works. And trust me, you will save yourself a lot of aggravation if you can refer to it right away at the register!
Want to get daily HEB deals delivered to your email for free? Click here to join!