Here's a really easy stockpile deal to grab at HEB this week as part of the new Unilever catalina promotion that launched on Wednesday, September 21!
After all discounts, we can snag twin packs of Suave Deodorant for just 38 cents each. That's only 19 cents per individual deodorant!
First things first: if you've never done a catalina deal at HEB, go here to read my how-to guide. That will answer all your questions on how and why these promotions work.
Now, check out the following deal:
- Suave Deodorant Twin-Packs -- assorted varieties on sale for $2 each (down from $2.94), with $1 off yellow coupons available in stores.
- Buy eight twin packs for a pre-coupon price of $16.
- Give eight $1 off yellow coupons to knock your out of pocket price down to $8.
- You'll still receive your $5 Unilever catalina to use on a future purchase.
- So that's a final price of $3 for all eight twin packs, or 38 cents per twin pack!
UPDATE: Some stores are choosing to pull their yellow coupons from this deal, at least according to readers in local coupon groups.
I am hearing reports from other readers that their stores are continuing to offer this deal. So it's a true YMMV (your mileage/manager may vary deal.)
If your store has discontinued offering the yellow coupons, here's an alternate scenario to consider:
- Buy 6 twin-packs, plus two bottles of St. Ives body wash (normally $1.98 each.)
- All eight items will ring in at a pre-coupon price of $15.96.
- Give two $1.50 off St. Ives coupons from the 9/25 Red Plum inserts.
- Pay $12.96 out of pocket, then get your $5 catalina to use later.
- So that's like a final price of $7.96 for all eight items, or 99 cents each for your twin-packs of deodorants plus a couple of body washes. :D
Big thanks to my friend and coupon queen Brenda for spotting this one!
Remember Brenda and I are teaching our Coupon Boot Camp here in San Antonio at the end of September -- go here for more details!
FAIR WARNING: Catalina promotions at HEB are getting more and more popular with couponers, but cashiers aren't always up to speed when a new promotion starts.
So if you want to pick this up, be prepared to follow up with the manager on duty if your catalina doesn't print and/or your cashier isn't familiar with the promotion. I always recommend having a paper copy of the weekly ad with you, since it often features information about the catalina.
It's much easier to get this addressed at the register or immediately after you shop, although you can go back in the next day to talk to a manager if it's necessary.
You can also request your reprinted catalina online, although obviously you will have to wait longer to get the new catalina mailed to you.