Here's another HOT stockpile deal as part of the current $10 off P&G catalina promotion available right now at HEB stores!
After all discounts, we can stock up on boxes of Downy Fabric Softener for just $1.23 each -- well below the usual $3.34 shelf price.
First things first: if you've never done a catalina deal at HEB, go here to read my how-to guide. That will answer all your questions on how and why these promotions work.
Now, check out the following deal:
- Downy April Fresh Fabric Softener Sheets -- 40-count boxes priced at $3.34 each, with $1 off yellow coupons available in stores.
- Buy nine boxes for a pre-coupon price of $30.06.
- Use nine $1 off yellow coupons.
- You'll pay $21.06 out of pocket, and then your $10 catalina should still print at the registers after you checkout.
- So your final price drops to $11.06 for all nine boxes, or just $1.23 each.
- That's a total savings of more than 60% off shelf price!
Now, some of you might still have the $3 off $8 laundry detergent coupon available in your HEB mobile app.
Here's an alternate scenario idea if you want to make use of that coupon as well:
- Tide PODS -- 16-count bags priced at $4.97 each.
- Buy two bags of PODS and seven boxes of Downy for a pre-coupon price of $33.32.
- Enter in your digital app info at checkout to use your $3 off $8 coupon FIRST.
- That knocks your total down to $30.32.
- Next, use two $1 off Tide PODS coupons from the 8/28 P&G inserts, along with seven of the $1 off yellow coupon.
- You'll pay $21.32 out of pocket, and then your $10 catalina will print at the registers after your transaction.
- So your final price is like $11.32 for all nine items, or $1.26 apiece!
FAIR WARNING: Catalina promotions at HEB are getting more and more popular with couponers, but cashiers aren't always up to speed when a new promotion starts.
So if you want to pick this up, be prepared to follow up with the manager on duty if your catalina doesn't print and/or your cashier isn't familiar with the promotion. I always recommend having a paper copy of the weekly ad with you, since it often features information about the catalina.
It's much easier to get this addressed at the register or immediately after you shop, although you can go back in the next day to talk to a manager if it's necessary. Y
ou can also request your reprinted catalina online, although obviously you will have to wait longer to get the new catalina mailed to you.