Here's yet another awesome catalina deal for us to snag at HEB this week!
Word on the street is that we will see 50 cents off Softsoap hand soap coupons in the 7/24 Smartsource, good on either the regular size bottles OR the refills.
This is great news since the refills have a yellow coupon available to piggyback with!
First things first: if you're not familiar with how catalina deals work at HEB, be sure to go here for my complete how-to guide.
You'll also want to go here for my how-to guide to piggybacking.
Otherwise, the following deal won't make much sense:
- Softsoap Liquid Hand Soap Refills -- 32 oz bottles priced at $3.47 each, with a yellow coupon available in store for a free 7.5 oz bottle of Softsoap hand soap with purchase.
- Softsoap Liquid Hand Soap -- most varieties priced at $1.47 each, although a few are priced at just 98 cents per bottle.
- Buy two refills, two $1.47 bottles of hand soap, and one 98 cent bottle of hand soap.
- All five items will ring in at a pre-coupon price of $10.86, which is plenty to trigger your catalina.
- Piggyback two 50 cents off coupons from the 7/24 Smartsource insert with two yellow coupons to be used on the $1.47 bottles.
- Remember, you aren't stacking coupons in this scenario -- you are buying five items and using only four coupons.
- Pay $6.92 out of pocket for all five items, then get your $3 catalina to use on a future purchase.
- That's like a final price of $3.92 for all five items, or just 78 cents apiece!
Now, if you have a $5 Coca-Cola catalina to use (no longer available to earn), you could do this following deal:
- Buy three refills, three $1.47 bottles, and one 98 cent bottle of hand soap.
- All seven items will ring in at a pre-coupon price of $15.80.
- Use the $5 off Coca-Cola catalina FIRST and knock your price down to $10.80.
- Then piggyback three 50 cents off coupons from the 7/24 SS with three yellow coupons to be used on the $1.47 bottles.
- Pay $4.89 out of pocket for all seven items, then still get your new $3 catalina to use later!
FAIR WARNING: Catalina promotions at HEB are getting more and more popular with couponers, but cashiers (and stores!) aren't always up to speed when a new promotion starts.
So if you want to pick this up, be prepared to follow up with the manager on duty if your catalina doesn't print and/or your cashier isn't familiar with the promotion. I always recommend having a paper copy of the weekly ad with you, since it often features information about the catalina.
It's much easier to get this addressed at the register or immediately after you shop, although you can go back in the next day to talk to a manager if it's necessary. You can also request your reprinted catalina online, although obviously you will have to wait longer to get the new catalina mailed to you.