Here's yet another amazing catalina deal for us to snag at HEB this week!
Rumor has it that we will see 75 cents Softsoap body wash coupons arriving in the 7/24 Smartsource inserts this weekend.
That's perfect timing, since Softsoap is part of the Colgate-Palmolive catalina promotion AND there's a Buy 3 Get 1 Free yellow coupon available to piggyback!
First things first: if you're not familiar with how catalina deals work at HEB, be sure to go here for my complete how-to guide.
You'll also want to go here for my how-to guide to piggybacking.
Otherwise, the following deal won't make much sense:
- Softsoap Body Wash -- 18 oz bottles priced at $2.97 each, with a Buy 3 Get 1 Free yellow coupon available in stores.
- Buy four bottles for a pre-coupon price of $11.88, which is plenty to trigger your catalina printing at checkout.
- Piggyback three 75 cents off coupons from the 7/24 Smartsource insert with your B3G1 Free yellow coupon.
- Remember, you aren't stacking in this scenario -- you are buying four items and using a total of four coupons.
- All four coupons will take a total of $5.22 off your purchase.
- So you'll pay $6.66 out of pocket, and then you'll get your $3 catalina to use on a future purchase.
- That's a final price of $3.66 for all four items, or just 92 cents each! That's almost 70% off regular shelf price.
Now, if you have a $5 Coca-Cola catalina to use (no longer available to earn), you could do this following deal:
- Buy four bottles plus four 4.6 oz boxes of Colgate Cavity Protection Toothpaste (priced at 98 cents each.)
- All eight items will ring in at a pre-coupon price of $15.80.
- Give your $5 catalina FIRST to knock your price down to $10.80.
- Next, give your three 75 cents off Softsoap coupons from the 7/24 Smartsource insert, your B3G1 Free yellow coupon, and then three 50 cents off Colgate coupons from the 7/10 Smartsource inserts.
- You'll pay $4.08 out of pocket for all eight items, and then you'll still receive your new $3 catalina to use later!
FAIR WARNING: Catalina promotions at HEB are getting more and more popular with couponers, but cashiers (and stores!) aren't always up to speed when a new promotion starts.
So if you want to pick this up, be prepared to follow up with the manager on duty if your catalina doesn't print and/or your cashier isn't familiar with the promotion. I always recommend having a paper copy of the weekly ad with you, since it often features information about the catalina.
It's much easier to get this addressed at the register or immediately after you shop, although you can go back in the next day to talk to a manager if it's necessary. You can also request your reprinted catalina online, although obviously you will have to wait longer to get the new catalina mailed to you.