HEB Shopping Haul: Spent $14.34, Saved $21.98!


Here's my quick little shopping trip I did this afternoon to grab another $5 Unilever catalina!

I spent $18.34 out of pocket after my $5 Coca-Cola catalina and all my other coupons, plus I have $4 coming back from rebate apps as well. 

That's a final price of $14.34 for everything --  not counting my new $5 catalina, which I can use on a shopping trip starting Wednesday.

And my total for all of this would have cost me a whopping $36.32 had I bought everything at full price.

That means I saved a total of $21.98 off regular HEB shelf prices, including sales and coupons!  So that's more than 50% off original price, which is what I always aim for when I go to the store.

Some of my items were full-price items with no coupons available that I just wanted/needed (like the Belvita, the milk, the salad bowl, and the HEB spreadable cheese.)

But here's a breakdown of the rest of the items that were either on sale or had coupons, for anyone who wants to duplicate this deal:

  • St. Ives Body Wash -- priced at $1.98.  I used the $1.50 off coupon from the 9/27 Red Plum insert to pay 48 cents out of pocket, and then I submitted for the $1 SavingStar rebate (limit one per app.)  So this was FREE, plus I earned 52 cents profit buying it!
  • Lemon Pepper Tilapia Filets -- 3-count pack priced at $3.  I used my $3 off printable HEB coupon to get it for FREE.  This is a new item at my store and wasn't shown in my HEB app -- so you might check at your location for it too!
  • Degree Deodorant -- priced at $1.78, plus it counted towards my new Unilever catalina.  I used my $1 off coupon from the 9/27 Red Plum insert to pay 78 cents out of pocket.  I thought this would work for the $1 SavingStar rebate -- but it was denied when I tried to scan it at home.  I'm going to email them and see what's up with that!
  • Dove Shampoo and Conditioner -- priced at $3.48 per bottle, plus it counted towards my Unilever catalina.  I bought four for a pre-coupon price of $13.92, and then I used two $3 off 2 coupons.  So I paid $7.92, and then I submitted for the $3 off 2 SavingStar rebate (limit one per app.)  That dropped my price to $4.92 for all four bottles (and then I earned my catalina to use later on in the week.)
  • Flatout Flatbread -- priced at $2.68, with a $1 off yellow coupon available in store.  So I paid $1.68 for mine.  Thanks to reader Cindy for the alert on that offer!
  • HEB Mi Comida Puerco -- on sale for $2.50, originally $5.98.  I haven't bought this before, but for almost 60% off regular price, I figured it was worth a shot!
You can see my receipt here if you're interested:





Comments