Beginning August 7, 2013, shoppers who buy $30 or more worth of Kimberly-Clark and Colgate-Palmolive products will receive a $10 off coupon good to use on a future purchase!
The catalina will be good beginning August 21, 2013, and must be used on a purchase of $30 or more.
If you've never done any catalina deals at HEB before, here's how you can prepare for the great offers that will be available starting August 7:
- Your minimum purchase -- $30, in this case -- is for your total before manufacturer coupons. So catalinas are a great chance to stockpile deals on some of your favorite brands when you stack the catalina with those manufacturer coupons. The brands featured in this particular offer include Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, U by Kotex, Kotex, Colgate, Palmolive, Irish Spring, and Softsoap. There are coupons for several of these brands in the 7/28 Smartsource inserts, including Colgate, Irish Spring, and Softsoap. If you run into a misinformed cashier who insists you can't use coupons on a catalina offer, ask for a manager!
- Using HEB B coupons can be tricky, because the register reads them as a price adjustment, not an actual coupon. So you'll need to take that into account while doing your math. I personally prefer to stick to manufacturer coupons to keep things simple.
- You can only earn one catalina per transaction. In fact, the fine print is only allowing one catalina coupon to be earned per customer per store per day. So if you want to stockpile, say, $30 worth of Huggies and $30 worth of Scott toilet paper, you will need to do that on two separate transactions to earn two $10 catalinas. You could do that in two separate trips to the same store, or you could plan one shopping trip to hit multiple HEB stores in the same general area of town.
- If your catalina doesn't print at the register, ask for a manager's help before leaving the store. Managers have a 'fail-safe' code that they can use to force a catalina to print -- assuming, of course, that you bought the right number of items and all of that. This can definitely add some time to your register check-out, but leaving the store a little late is far less frustrating than leaving empty-handed! This has happened to me twice at my Kitty Hawk HEB, and both times a manager was able to print my catalina for me when it didn't print automatically.
- You must use the catalina on a $30 purchase or larger. So plan to use your catalina on a larger shopping trip once it's able to be used beginning August 21 -- and don't go nuts accumulating the catalinas if you don't have a plan to spend them carefully. Here are a few more tips on how to shop with catalinas at HEB.
Check out some of my suggested deal scenarios:
If you're an experienced HEB catalina shopper, what other tips can you share? And if you're new to using catalinas at HEB, what questions do you have? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
And big thanks to reader Nicole, who got us the advance tip on the catalina promotion!